Note: As of September 1, 2019, the Travis County Clerk’s Recording Division will no longer record/file Incorporated Assumed Names. That form will be registered with the Secretary of State’s Office only.
Register an Assumed Name (DBA) in Travis County
- Decide on the name of your business;
- Search the County Assumed Names records for availability of the name of the business. For a $10.00 fee, we will conduct a search of our records for you.
- Submit an application online. All owners must be present with valid government issued identification for recording. Our office will accept cash, personal checks or credit card for payment of fee.
- Send completed notarized form for recording (assume name pdf form). Must send cashier's check, money order, or check to:
Travis County Clerk
P.O. Box 149325
Austin, TX 78714
Withdrawal Notice of Individual Name Associated with Assumed Name Certificate.
- This form is used in withdrawing individual name(s) from business not for withdrawing entire business.
- This form is used when discontinuing the use of the business name.
- Filing fee is $24.00 for business name and one owner. Additional owners are $.50 each filed on same statement. If completing the process in the office, an additional $2.00 applies for each acknowledgement;
- Make any checks and/or money orders payable to "Travis County Clerk".