Troubleshoot Google Chrome to View the Commissioners Court Video
Google Chrome is phasing out their support for NPAPI plugins (Silverlight and Java Viewers). The Commissioners Court video currently uses Silverlight. Commissioners Court video will be upgraded to HTML5 in late July, which will resolve this issue.
If you’re using Chrome, you can enable NPAPI plugins until September 2015, when it will stop working altogether. To do this, open Chrome.
- Open Chrome and copy and paste this in the address bar:
- Click the Enable NPAPI setting.
- After that, click “Relaunch Now” at the bottom-left of your Chrome window.
Note: Closing and reopening Chrome is not sufficient, you must click the “Relaunch Now” button.
- Close Chrome and open it back up.
- Once Chrome relaunches, verify Silverlight is installed by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx
- If this link has a "Click to Install" button, then please click the button and install Silverlight.
However, if the link says
"The version of Silverlight installed is:
Silverlight 5 (5.1.30514.0)
You are ready to use Microsoft Silverlight"
then you're all set.
- Go back to the Commissioners Court Portal and click the "Watch streaming video" link.