The County Clerk’s office serves a large population of customers in a crowded indoor setting, and we are committed to safety. Our current protocols include the following:
- We encourage our employees to continue wearing masks, even if they are vaccinated, and we require them to stay home from work if they are sick.
- We practice physical distancing and the use of hand sanitizer, safety shields and frequent cleaning.
- We operate by appointment only to avoid hundreds of people sitting close together for extended periods of time. Appointments help to get you in and out of the County Clerk’s Office in a hurry and limit your exposure to others.
- We limit the use of our lobby and have customers wait outside for their appointment until notified by text or email to enter.
On May 18, 2021, Gov. Greg Abbott issued Executive Order No. GA-36, which prohibits governmental entities from mandating face coverings. Masks in Travis County buildings are strongly encouraged in order to provide the highest level of protection for all employees and customers, but they are optional. Anyone making an appointment must agree to enter our office under these conditions.
- Assumed Name: Filing a new Unincorporated Business Name in Travis County
- Research: Research all records recorded in our office in person
- Marriage: Issuance of a Formal or Informal Marriage License
- TABC: Certification of a new TABC application packet
- Plats: Recording of a Plat
- OPR Recordings: Filing of all Real Estate Records, Domestic Partnerships, Cattle Brands, Bonds, Public Meeting Notices, State and Federal Tax liens, etc
- Copy Center: Requesting plain or certified copies from our records with volume and page or instrument number provided to us, including marriage and plat records