Petitions for Orders of Nondisclosure
Effective Tuesday, September 2, 2014, petitions for nondisclosure will be handled by the Civil Team of the County Clerk’s Office. This is to make our process consistent with guidance provided by the Texas Office of Court Administration (OCA), which indicates that such cases are “Civil Cases related to Criminal Matters.”
- These cases fall under the e-filing mandate. Tex. R. Civ. P. 21f. Documents may be e-filed with the Travis County Clerk’s Civil Team through the eFileTexas portal at http://efiletexas.gov/.
- The total filing fee for this is $285, including the civil filing fee and the $28 nondisclosure fee. Tex. Gov’t Code § 411.081(f-1).
- The case will be assigned to the misdemeanor court in which the petitioner was granted deferred adjudication. Tex. Gov’t Code § 411.081(d).
- The petitioner is responsible for providing notice to the State and may file proof of such notice with the Clerk’s Office.
- The petitioner is responsible for setting the case.